Friday, November 22, 2013

Week 1

Here's a part of Kaycee's first email (written Friday, 2 days under her belt!):

Hello Family!!
The first day of the Mtc was the hardest.  But it's over now and I'm doing great!! My companion is Sister Bracken from Lincoln, Nebraska.  There are 9 missionaries in my district.  4 sisters and 5 elders.  All going to Orlando except two elders who are going to Seattle. 
 
 We got to go to the temple today and it was great!  Last night was the best.  We met our branch presidency and they are amazing!! President Washburn and his wife are just like mom and dad, high school sweethearts, she waited and then they got married in the Manti temple (: Brother and Sister Hall are just like Grandpa and Grandma! She is from England and has done so much genealogy for her family, I told her Grandma's story and she was amazed!! Brother and Sister Maher live in Benjamin and told me that since I'm from West Mtn that we are basically family haha (:

My teachers here are good so that makes things nice.  Being here has been hard but there are so many missionaries here that are going through the same thing that it makes it easier knowing that i'm not alone. And also some of them come from way different backgrounds and a lot harder than mine which makes me so grateful for the family I come from and for all the love and support that you give me. I'm so grateful for your wonderful examples and all that you've done for me! 18 months sounds like long time and sounded even longer on the first day but I think it's going to be good and go by fast.  I know that it's going to be worth it and that I am going to have good experiences and that i'm going to love it, especially when i get to Florida! I'm so excited for that part. 

Well this is about all the time i have! I love you all sooo much! I miss you like crazy! But i know this is the best thing i can be doing right now and that it is what I'm supposed to do.  Thank you mom and dad for everything. I love you.  Love you Reed Cole Janey and Abbie! 
Couldn't have asked for a better family.  (: Keep me updated on if Cole ever cries (;  Love you all sooo much! Have a great week!
Love-
Sister Jacklin


No comments:

Post a Comment